Cloud Computing makes sense for a small business
Cloud Computing in the public cloud environment refers to users connecting to software applications that run data transactions in a shared multi-tenant environment on the internet. Users can connect to applications of their choice at any day, any time with any Internet enabled device.
In today’s ‘hyper-connected’ digital world, cloud computing delivers to SMB’s the ability to conduct business virtually anywhere. Business can now be conducted at your customer’s site, while travelling, at the office, or from home.
With this capability, orders are not lost in the sales funnel due to improper data and duplication of effort is avoided with significant time savings due to optimized processes.
How does technology impact an SMB
This is a giant leap forward in how SMB’s use technology as most business personnel are in the field and have to access real time data to make decisions and create offers for customers. The cloud computing solution eliminates the need for SMB’s to invest in unnecessary ‘back office’ technology by providing everything in a subscription based environment.
SMB’s gain all the benefits of this most powerful technology without having to purchase additional hardware and licenses or needing experts to manage the technology.
An SMB and an ERP
An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution is an integrated suite of applications that can automate and control an organization’s entire business processes. Companies use an ERP to improve efficiency, deliver better customer service, reduce operating costs, support growth and enhance their profits.
Using an ERP system on the cloud could be more secure than you might think. Current levels of security capability of cloud computing challenge and may surpass even those of on-premise systems.
For small and mid-sized businesses, cloud-based ERP systems provide the same functionality and tools that only the bigger players have access to in high priced on premise ERP solutions.
Why choose a Cloud ERP
The cloud takes ERP to a whole new level with the ability to do business anytime, anywhere, and from any device with internet access.
The cloud is already the preferred choice for ERP solutions due to its affordability, anytime/anywhere access, lower financial barriers as well as minimal set up times.
Some of the key advantages of a cloud ERP solution are especially relevant for small businesses:
- Low to minimal up-front capital expenditures or implementation costs with no hidden costs
- Pay as you go operational expense cost based on a subscription model
- Affordable payment plans that suit the SMB pocket
- Easy upgrade of applications and comparable business features and functionality
- Easy to implement scalability – for more transaction volume; and for more functionality
- 24/7 information protection, data backup/recovery, and management
- Access to capable technology and software without having to purchase outright
- Applications are installed, configured, and customized in up to 75% less time than on premise systems at a much lower implementation cost
- Over a three-year period the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for Cloud Computing applications was at least half of that of premise systems as per a study.
- There is better resource sharing is due to inbuilt project management/collaboration features at a much lower cost.
- Management of the systems is moved out into the Cloud and is the vendor’s headache
- Encourages standardization of business systems, thereby reducing cost burdens due to operational waste in a business.
ERP evaluation criteria before selecting a Cloud ERP
Key cloud computing ERP evaluation criteria must be taken into account before selection of any cloud ERP:
- Plans and pricing imperatives
- Flexibility and scalability options
- Quality and security of infrastructure and cloud environment
- Options for safety, security and recovery of data
- Compatibility, integration and configurable with other systems/solutions
- Migration and portability option to and from the solution
- Availability and access
- Ease of use of user interface
- Implementation times
- Training burden
- Level of modification required in current business processes
- Customization options
- Options for mobility and BYOD access
- Automatic governance and compliance capability
We at VersAccounts have created a secure cloud based comprehensive ERP solution that is mobility ready. The VersAccounts Small Business Cloud ERP system is accessible anytime, and on any smart mobile device. It could help you redefine the way you operate and grow your business.
VersAccounts is designed for fast growing businesses, between $1-$50M in annual revenue, looking to upgrade business management solutions. Our solution is highly capable, affordable and easy to use by small and mid-sized businesses.
With the VersAccounts ERP solution, you have complete business functionalities built into one solution. There are customization options with easy migration from and compatibility with respect to other leading systems/solutions.
Built with the latest cloud and mobile technology, it allows businesses to automate and optimize their operations across multiple companies, countries, and currencies with one integrated ERP system.
We will help you in a structured manner to migrate your data seamlessly from your current solution.
To know more, please visit www.versaccounts.com or contact us directly.
We’d love to hear from you.