How to create a receipt of payments not tied to an invoice or an order?
Users can create a receipt of payments in Versa Cloud ERP, but usually, it is either against an order or against an invoice.
Sometimes, a user needs to receive payment from a customer but there is no order or invoice and Versa supports creating a payment receipt that is not tied to an invoice or an order.
Find the menu item under Invoices, ‘Receive Misc Payment’.
This will allow the user to create a Draft Payment Receipt which will become a payment receipt when posted.
Steps to create the receipt for payments in Versa Cloud ERP:
- Select the date you want to create the new misc. payment for.
- Select the payment method from the list of drop-down
- Pick the GL account you want the cash to be recorded into. This will usually be an asset GL account with the type of Cash.
- Select the recipient
- Add the reference number
- This opens the following screen for the user to enter the amount and which GL account to recognize the payment. This can be a revenue GL account if the payment is for a service/product sold, or it can be a customer deposit GL account if this is a pre-payment/deposit.
- Once all the details are provided, click the post-payment button. (Screenshot below for reference)
- Payment receipt details with GL details are shown after payment is posted.
- You can also attach any documents to support the transactions as required
In daily operations, businesses need to record payments from a customer that aren’t related to any invoice or order. Versa Cloud ERP enables users to create receipts of payments that are not related to any order or invoice.
To know more, please visit our website or contact us directly.
Effectively manage your financials, inventory, and production workflows with our award-winning ERP.
Let Versa Cloud Erp’s do the heavy lifting for you.
Do Business on the Move!
Make your businesses hassle-free and cut the heavyweights sign up for the Versa Cloud ERP today!!
Join our Versa Community and be Future-ready with us.