ERP and eCommerce integration
An ERP is a game-changer for all types of businesses regardless of the size and scale. An ERP system in the retail domain needs to be integrated with e-commerce channels in real-time to stay relevant. ERP and eCommerce integration is the need of the hour for all online retailers.
In 2014, online commercial transactions were more than USD 300 billion. Sales of online retailers grew at a rate of over 15% every year for five years before 2014. The trend continues till today.
Key issues due to lack of integration between the ERP and the eCommerce solution
The key issues created due to the lack of real-time ERP and eCommerce integration are:
- Inaccurate inventory data: A lack of real-time integration leads to inaccurate inventory data being displayed online. Customers place orders for items that are not in stock, which may not be honored. This results in lost customers.
- Inability to handle growing order volumes: The turnaround time it takes to import orders from the web to the ERP system is a major constraint. It tends to be error-prone with the manual element involved. It can lead to issues of customer satisfaction and order fulfillment. As the number of orders increase, so does the quantum of manual effort required in standalone solutions.
- Increased operational cost and decreased efficiency: A lot of firms without real-time integration have to add more labor for this work to address manual transfers of data. The operational delays due to data syncing are also another issue.
- Data errors are costly: Manual errors are costly. Sometimes, the data is not translated correctly between solutions, where the formats between systems differ.
- Creation of information silos: Firms need timely, complete, and accurate information in their ERP system as it is critically important to make better decisions. Without the complete data sets being completely accurate, businesses don’t have the right analytics for accurate reporting. Manual integration is only partial integration.
Why choose an integrated solution
With automated integration of ERP and eCommerce, most businesses will be able to improve turnaround time, effort, and cost burdens related to order fulfillment. This leads to fewer missed shipments, returns, cancellations, and more honored sales commitments. This, at the end of the day, is why a firm is in business.
A model with multiple standalone systems has a higher cost burden in terms of effort and process times and a greater possibility for error. A disgruntled customer will tell ten more and amplify the damage to a large extent on social media. The damage done to the brand may take quite a while to repair and it may happen again.
Sales data and tracking information are automatically communicated between systems. This feature avoids manual practices like data entry of sales orders into an ERP, updating product information in Excel, and then uploading to the web store. Manual inventory reconciliation is a major problem that may cause a disconnect between sales orders and actual inventory stock.
Why Versa for Retail
We at Versa Cloud ERP formerly Versaccounts have created a secure cloud-based one-stop comprehensive ERP solution that is e-commerce and mobility ready. The Versa Small Business Cloud ERP system is accessible anytime and on any mobile smart device. The Versa ERP has the capability for real-time ERP and eCommerce integration. It provides support for e-Commerce and Multi-Channel Retail. Our ERP features include integration with 3rd party e-commerce platforms as well as POS systems. It has the ability to remotely manage Master Data on multiple e-commerce and POS systems.
Why the Versa Cloud ERP
Every successful business eventually outgrows Excel spreadsheets and old software. If you are looking for new software that eliminates post-it notes, spreadsheets, and add-ons consider Versa Cloud ERP.
Versa is modern all-in-one software created for fast-growing inventory heavy manufacturing, distribution, and e-commerce businesses moving to the next level. It is more powerful than old software used by your larger competitors, yet simple and affordable enough for use in businesses like yours.
Yearly fees start at USD 1,800 per year for all of the capabilities included in the Versa software including financials, AR/AP, manufacturing, inventory, warehouse, shipping/receiving, logistics, projects, CRM, B2B/B2C e-Commerce, and more.
Setup is self-service with guidance provided by Versa making it quick and inexpensive.
Capterra User Reviews give us a 4.8 out of 5 ratings and we are working on closing the gap further.
You could also try it for free!
We’d love to hear from you.
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About ERP and E-commerce Integration by Adam Bluemner